Who fan gets married

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 07:09:31 CDT 2004

>From This Is Bolton at:
http://www.thisisbolton.co.uk/lancashire/bolton/news/NEWS17.html

Love blossoms for wheelchair couple
Last posted: Monday 14 June 2004 15:49
LOVE has blossomed for a wheelchair bound couple who
met in a Bolton respite home just seven months ago.

Gary Howarth and Joyce Harper tied the knot this week
after a whirlwind romance, which began in Mill View
nursing home on Bridgeman Street.

And at their wedding they received a message of "best
wishes" from Gary's hero and friend, The Who guitarist
Pete Townshend.

The couple met after Joyce was admitted to the home
for respite care in November and immediately fell in
love.

They have not spent a day apart since their first
meeting, and Gary travelled every day to Joyce's
Heaton home to spend time with his sweetheart.

Rock music fan Gary, aged 53, is proud to count Pete
Townshend among his friends, after meeting the star on
numerous occasions at the band's concerts.

The rock legend was invited to attend the ceremony in
person, but had to send his regards by card due to
touring commitments abroad.

The couple even had their favourite tracks by The Who
rock incorporated into their ceremony, including the
ballad "Love Reign O'er Me."

Wheelchair user Gary, who has been diagnosed with MS
and lives at the Mill View home, said:

"We had the most wonderful day, and can't wait to
start our life together. Joyce looked fantastic on the
day after being made up by her friends and carers. It
was absolutely magic and we are so happy."

Among the 35 guests were Gary's parents and his
brother, Wayne, who was the best man.

Gary is set to move into Joyce's Dilham Court home,
Heaton, and says he cannot wait. He said: "We're
looking forward to the years ahead, and Joyce is the
best person in the world as far as I'm concerned."

Kath Bebbington, Home Manager of BUPA's Mill View
Residential and Nursing Home, commented: "We wish them
every happiness in the world."

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!