Amino Acids & Lifehouse
schrade at akrobiz.com
Mon Jun 14 18:37:42 CDT 2004
> > To take Scott's role for a second, some scientist
> > calculated the odds of amino acids forming randomly
> > and they were something like a one followed by a
> > hundred thousand zeroes
> Problem is, they *don't* form randomly. Each possible combination of
> atoms/molecules is selected or discarded (lives or dies) according to
> how stable it is and how readily it can reproduce.
Thanks for the scientific back-up, Alan. People who make those...."the odds
are against it"....statements are uninformed about probability, selection, &
the role of environment in evolutionary theory. Well stated.
I've been listening to a lot of Pete's LIFEHOUSE demos recently. I really
dig his bass playing! Seriously! And I even like his stiff drumming! What
a talented guy!
I made a LIFEHOUSE CD for a couple of friends. I don't care for that
ELEMENTS CD that came out a while back, so I decided to construct
my own "one-CD" representation of LIFEHOUSE for them.
In case anyone cares, here are the songs I included. (Note: I chose only
from Pete's demos & incidental synthesizer noodlings - mostly from the
LIFEHOUSE box set. And, no,......Hame didn't make the cut.)
1. Baba M2 (chopped off about a minute with a premature fade-out)
2. Goin' Mobile
3. Love Ain't For Keeping
4. Slip Kid (love this demo)
5. Who Are You (love it - especially Pete's singing at the end; cool bass)
7. Baba O'Riley (long instrumental; beautifully sparse guitar solo)
8. Sister Disco ("my dancing feet are a prayer")
9. Join Together (love the eerie string synths towards the end)
10. Pure & Easy (a bit long but essential; great guitar solo)
11. Mary (questionable inclusion; thought about "Greyhound Girl")
12. Baba M5 (Vivaldi; from PYSCHODERELICT)
13. Won't Get Fooled Again
~ 72:00 minutes long.
I had to exclude quite a bit to make this a one-CD affair. I basically included
only my personal favorites because I was in charge & there was no one there
to stop me.
- SCHRADE in Akron
John Kerry For President
More information about the TheWho