Where do we go from here...

Kevin O'Neal kevinandt at gmavt.net
Sat Jun 12 07:06:41 CDT 2004

>Marcus Surrealius
>Sticks in the Air / McVicar
>
>Ah, you seem ripe for conversion to me!

I'm not a melon!  Stop thumping my head!

>I agree. But it seems they're uninterested in getting
>to a better place.

I'm leaning that way too at the moment.
But, I'm still holding out hope for what the energy and time spent working
on a new album will bring.
It could create a unity and change in direction.
Hey, ya gotta have hope!

>> But, they could just as easily bring Pino back up,
>> turn him up, let him off his leash, and actually
>> interact with him, and my opinion would change.
>
>Perhaps. You're speculating a bit, I think.

More like wishing upon a star.

>Pino is
>clearly NOT the sort of bass player John was.

Clearly.  And clearly *not* "an improvement."  I almost spit coffee reading
that.
Derick, what's wrong with you????   ;-)

>I suggested Tony
>Butler. HE has the chops and the sort of interactive
>style which would work well with Pete. Listen to Look
>Away (by Big Country) sometime!

I'm not familiar with his playing, so I can't comment.  But, I trust your
judgment.
Others seem to agree with you too.

>> The Who don't take no collections.
>> Come on Mark, join together with the band.  ;-)
>
>OK, I'll give you that one.

Ding-ding!  Points for Kevin in VT!

>Because if we're
>going by Join Together "It's the singer, not the
>song..."

I've never believed that.  And, I don't think Pete believes that.
In fact, I think that was a sarcastic line Pete threw in while cursing
Roger's name under his breath while he wrote.

>You're free to not agree.

And freedom's taste of reality...

>And he (Pete) was the weakest musician of the three, let's not
>forget.

True, at the onset.
But, Pete has grown and I'd argue had passed both John and Keith.

Kevin in VT