Selling out.....on Pino?

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Thu Jun 10 19:57:08 CDT 2004

> Anyway if you could chose any Bass player to take Pino's place who would
> it be?

I'd like to see punk pioneer Mike Watt (of Minutemen & fIREHOSE fame)
take over on bass.  The guy is brutal.  Fast, riffy, & loud.  However, when
I saw the DVD of him performing with the Stooges in Detroit (nod to Jon)
last summer......I couldn't hear him!!!  It was the Pino effect all over again!!!

> Questions to you musicians, could it have any thing to do with the sound
> system Pino uses for his basses?

Like I've said, I believe it's a combination of three things:

1. Yes, Pino's sound system.
2. Pino's style of playing.
3. Poor bass mixing at large-venue shows.

- SCHRADE in Akron

John Kerry For President
http://www.johnkerry.com/