Sticks in the Air / McVicar

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Wed Jun 9 17:20:04 CDT 2004

> What I meant was the songs no longer were about spirituality.

What's so spiritual about QUADROPHENIA?

> Although I'm not sure I agree. WBN I think was
> intentionally more of a social album than a spiritual
> one. More grounded, more down to earth, more about
> day-to-day life.

Yeah, but it does have a (somewhat) common theme of........
mid-life crisis?

> Drowned is indeed a spiritual song.

It's more suicidal than spiritual, IMO.

> Even so, there are few of Townshend heroes less spritual than
> Jimmy.

Oh, c'mon.  QUAD is aboud adolescent anger & confusion.  A
young person trying to fit into his immediate society.  Jimmy would
tell an authoritative God to "Fuck off!" at the drop of a hat.

"I ended up with the preacher, full of lies & hate.  I seemed to
scare him a little, so he showed me to the golden gate."

Spiritual quest over.

- SCHRADE in Akron

John Kerry For President
http://www.johnkerry.com/