On the job with Pete

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Wed Jun 9 16:52:38 CDT 2004

> > Vannevar Bush
>
> Who?

You got a computer.  Google him.

> Sure lots of scientists believe in God.  Is it really any less plausible than the
> scientific explanations of the universe?  Space and time began in a single
> instant and within a billion-trillionth of a second...And on the second day,
> God created the Earth...   They sound about the same to me.

The same?  One view purports a creator, one does not.

> Then you know that it's going to blow some day and fuck us all up in a big
> way.

Could happen.

> > Yeah, I wish he'd write more songs praising science.  I don't think that's
> > gonna happen, though.
>
> He invented the internet.  What more do you want?  (or was that Vannevar
> Bush).

Ha!  Take your foot out of your mouth.  Vannevar Bush is more closely
associated with the internet than Pete!

"Vannevar Bush was never directly involved with the creation or development
of the Internet. He died before the creation of the World Wide Web. Yet many
consider Bush to be the Godfather of our wired age....."

http://www.ibiblio.org/pioneers/bush.html

- SCHRADE in Akron

John Kerry For President
http://www.johnkerry.com/