Sticks in the Air / McVicar

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 16:13:23 CDT 2004

> You couldn't be more wrong about Who By Numbers!

Chris:

Ah, I don't know. I can be pretty wrong when I want
to!

> This album was about seeking relevance in middle
age!

Ummm, well...I don't know if I'd call that a spiritual
quest. What I meant was the songs no longer were about
spirituality. I'm willing to accept this argument:

> I get the feeling that he is commenting on how his
quest has failed thus far

Although I'm not sure I agree. WBN I think was
intentionally more of a social album than a spiritual
one. More grounded, more down to earth, more about
day-to-day life. I could make the same argument about
Quad (which I'm listening to at the moment), except I
had my wings clipped when I said there were no
spritual songs on it and was then convinced that
Drowned is indeed a spiritual song. Even so, there are
few of Townshend heroes less spritual than Jimmy. Even
the Glow Girl is reincarnated!

"So thank you for reminding me about the importance of
being a good mom and a great volunteer as well."
  George "what am I talking about Willis" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML