Query: Sticks in the Air / McVicar

simon malia malias40 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:51:06 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm on digest - so I hope I'm not butting in on another of those discussions
regarding "The Seeker" thread.

Fascinating stuff. Personally, I think Pete's "spiritual" quest is what has
informed much of his best work from "Tommy" onwards - and that
"Quadrophenia" is the high-point of his attempts to reflect that quest in
his work.

Now, onto my own (much less exalted) quest: I'm putting together a CDr
compilation for the car, and I'm onto Volume 5 - 1979 onwards. Now - I know
Kenney Jones played drums on the "McVicar" soundtrack, and the vinyl album
sleeve credits other musicians inc. Pete Townshend, John Entwistle and
Rabbit. What it does NOT do is list which musicians played on which track.

Does anyone know whether Pete, John, Kenney and Rabbit played togther on any
of the tracks?

Also - I'm trying to find a quote from Roger, one in which he says something
along the lines of "The Who's live sound was hard to capture properly on
record because often there'd be arms whirling through and sticks in the air
when they should really have been on strings or hitting the drums."

Does he say this to camera - or is it one which appeared in print? Any
ideas?

Help gratefully accepted - and deeply appreciated.

My ears are still (just about) ringing after the Birmingham gig the other
night - they still have it! (Mind you, I was standing right in front of Pino
and I still could barely hear him!)

Simon in Liverpool