Pete Vs Zak

Keithjmoon70 at aol.com Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 08:14:17 CDT 2004

In a message dated 6/9/2004 7:09:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
petenotped at hotmail.com writes:
Did it have anything to do with Pete playing on the kit before the encore in
Mansfield?

I heard about that one!  But this was a reference to a conversation between
the guest speaker (Jeff Slate, who is a dude that Pete sort of befriended in NY
in the early 90s) and Pete during a cab ride.  It was hilarious.  He sad that
here he was arguing with Pete Townshend in a taxi about who was the better
drummer, Pete himself or Zak!  He gave the impression that Pete was actually
arguing in his own favor seriously.  He said something to Pete like, "Pete,
you're a pretty good drummer, but you're not as good as Zak Starkey!" to which Pete
continued to argue that he was the better.  The cab driver, knowing who Pete
was laughed at this apparent nobody contending with Pete about his drumming!
What a scene that must've been.

This guy told us some fascinating things.  What I like most is that he said
that the Pete we think we know is who he really is.

I saw/heard this because I don't smoke and didn't need to go outside! Reason
#67.

Jon in Mi.