The Who Mailing List Digest, V11 #140

David Huntington huntington at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 7 09:24:54 CDT 2004

On 6/6/04 3:44 PM, pkeets wrote:

> I was interested to see that at least one reviewer took this song to mean
> that music was Pete's salvation (not a woman).

I love that idea. I think it adds a nice layer of meaning to the song.

In all this discussion on whether Pete is writing about himself or God, I
would chime in and say both. Or that is to say, Pete is obviously very
spiritual. I get from some of his Lifehouse writings that musical expression
by its very nature is a communion with God. So maybe, and this is just a
thought from the hip, some of his music, especially self referential songs
about music itself are a form of prayer?

BTW, I'm new in here. But just off the bat is seems like a pretty productive
group.

David