On the job with Pete

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Tue Jun 8 21:39:20 CDT 2004

> Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:03:56 -0400
> From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade at akrobiz.com>
>
>> Someone not-Scott:
>> "I got values that I don't know how or why"

"But".  "I got values _but_ I don't know how or why."

> The great writer Arthur C. Clarke once said:
>
> "One of the greatest tragedies in human history was the hijacking of
> morality
> by religion."
>
> I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions as to what that might
> mean.....

My conclusion (and you know I'm on your side on this, Scott), is that
ACC misspoke.  It's not that morality came into existence and then
there were competing fields of thought to claim it.  It's that morality
*was* religion, until religion evolved into philosophy.

Cheers,
Alan
Townshend, 1967