Selling out.....on Pino?

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Tue Jun 8 21:03:26 CDT 2004

> Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:59:13 -0400
> From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org>
>
>> (commonly referred to as "Teenage Wasteland") to Hewlett Packard.
>
> BUT!  I've been thinking about this commercial since I first posted
> about it.
> And, I actually disagree with what the author has written here.  If
> you're going to use the intro. to Baba, then I can't think of another
> product that would make more sense than a computer company.

I heard this commercial for the first time a couple nights ago, and its
not The Who's studio version.  The introductory keyboards are
different.  I don't have time to start searching but I bet it's one of
Pete's solo versions, maybe off Lifehouse Chronicles.  If that makes
any difference.

Re: that guy's rant against The Who's music being used commercially, it
sounds like a very young person just waking up to the fact that artists
like to make money.  Heard it all twenty years ago.  But I wonder if it
would make any difference to him that it's not The Who's music being
sold but Pete's.

Cheers,
Alan
Townshend, 1967