HP commercial

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 19:32:52 CDT 2004

y know, I really hate rock songs in commercials. I used to like "bargain",
now I can't face up to hearing it cause when I do, I think of a commercial that
used to play almost constantly.

what has happened to our beloved rock n' roll? it used to mean something, and
I guess it still does, but if more bands start selling their songs to
commercials, it will all crumble to ashes. I think it was the guy from Jane's
addiction who said, "how much more money does Led zeppelin need?" (referring to their
song "rock n' roll" being in a car commercial, although they made a vow years
ago to never put any of their songs in those kind of things).  some artists
thankfully are still not giving into commercial interests. I heard some car
company wanted "born in the USA" but springsteen didn't (might I remind you that
his tickets are up to $79 and still he was the biggest draw last year?)

ah well. i'm sorry if i'm still young and i'm sorry rock n' roll can still
mean as much as it did "way back when" and i'm sorry some of our "legends" are
giving into commercial interests all for the sake of making more money than
they already have. hell, since politics makes this list good (as someone pointed
out): i'm sorry that after over 800 soldiers and over a thousand iraqi
civilians have been killed, the UN NOW wants to hand over power to the iraqis, and
i'm sorry bush didn't kneel when he met the pope and i'm sorry bush had a
military aide about 8 feet away while meeting the pope carrying a black box
containing codes to start a nuclear war... and i'm sorry people are praising reagan
even though he sent contras to nicaragua to kill everyone down there because
they were "a threat" and i'm sorry he didn't believe in the equal rights
ammendment when he took office...

do your research.     think, it's patriotic.