HP commercial

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 19:14:46 CDT 2004

In a message dated 6/7/2004 11:34:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> >It makes you wonder what the marketing guys at HP were smoking
> >before they made that call.
>
> Something good, 'cause it makes darn good sense.
> And, it's the coolest commercial out there.
> But, I still cringe.
> Sacrilege!  ;-)

Small world- my brother lives in Los Angeles and is a writer/producer and
occasional actor on MAD-TV and happens to be friends with the guy who has the
lead role in the commercial.  I wonder if Pete put together that version of the
Baba intro or if HP's ad people did their own?  As for my bro, if you are a
watcher of MAD-TV, he plays a new character called "Choppy," an annoying little
dude who butts into everyone's business and makes little sense... hmmm, I
wonder who his inspiration could have been?  In all seriousness, some of the goofy
noises Choppy makes are the same ones my bro and I made when we joking around
as kids.

Mc- "The Inspiration"