The Seeker...

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Tue Jun 8 09:10:31 CDT 2004

Um...I wanted to stay out of this buuuutttttt.....

Deni wrote in response to Scott.

 >The answer to my friend is "blowin in the wind" :)  Seriously, it is
just human nature.  Man has always been curious and searched for
enlightenment.  Humans are mammals and our brains only have the
capacity to hold a limited amount of information. Like a hard drive in
a computer, we start automatically deleting information when it becomes
too full.  At this point in our creation, humans can not "completely"
understand the "answers" until we die and go on to the next level.
Anyway...that is my interpretation of The Seeker.
Deni
On Jun 7, 2004, at 11:33 PM, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

 >> B. If he knows he'll get the answers when he dies then why go on
 >> seeking?

Denise,  I think Scott's point here is there is no evidence
in this song, "The Seeker" that *the seeker* is seeking god,
or a creator, or big questions about the origin of mankind.
He could be seeking his place in the world (conjecture alert).

That was the point, I belive, breaking the supposition of a
god or religious quest.

Next....

 > mmmm...sounds like you are in the mindset of the "traditional religious
thinkers".  I would say, most of the members of bands like The Beatles,
The Who, and listers are more into the theory that God is not an
"invisible man", but is in everyone of us and is an energy force.
Deni

On Jun 7, 2004, at 11:33 PM, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

 >> I didn't credit the beauty I saw to an invisible man.  I gave credit
 >> where credit
 >> was due:  Mother Earth.  Nature.

Here Scott is making light, and casting it on the ignorant people
that believe that god is like man (or woman) and actually has a shoe
size, and all that.   That god only lives in a church...  or that
god *punishes* people.

I know that Scott does not require help articulating his points,
however, I believe that Scott was being selective in his counter
points against just one of the many myths of organized and
disorganized religions.

Okay, I'm back to work now.

Joe in Philly

PS.  My god has a size 11 1/2 shoe size.