On the job.....part II

SicilianMother at aol.com SicilianMother at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 19:13:00 CDT 2004

The end got cut off.............cont............

<< The song is about man.

Your argument was not persuading enough to change my mind.  It just occurred
to me that in order to really find out what Pete was actually seeking in that
song, we would need to know what Pete's mindset was at the time.  He was and
still is into the teachings of Maher Baba.  The next question I would have then
would be: Does Maher Baba teach of a higher being or a god or God?  The
answer to that question would be good evidence as to what he was seeking.

from:http://www.harbour.sfu.ca/~hayward/van/glossary/baba.html

"Meher Baba (Merwan Sheriar Irani, 1894-1969), was born in Poona, India of
Persian parents. He became a religious writer, leader, a guru. His followers
still call him an "avatar". Baba had a love relationship with God that wouldn't
quit."

But, in the end, we all have the right to interpret the song how we believe.

Johanna