On the Job with Pete

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 12:43:54 CDT 2004

>I love the lyric..........God gave (H)him a face, and He gave me something
above......God gave me grace, and he gave me sweet, sweet, sweet love."  I
think
he is talking about God there.

>In the spirit of a friendly debate, you can't really deny he is talking
>about
God, IMO.

Yeah, he sort of comes right out and says it.  I do think Pete's songs
express his spirituality in many cases--though we can likely leave out
"Squeezebox."

I was interested to see that at least one reviewer took this song to mean
that music was Pete's salvation (not a woman).

keets