On the job with Pete

SicilianMother at aol.com SicilianMother at aol.com
Sat Jun 5 11:54:29 CDT 2004

In a message dated 6/5/2004 8:54:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
schrade at akrobiz.com writes:

<I don't see God or even spirituality when I listen to Pete's songs; I see
<complex human nature & a desire to make sense of it all.  I see man.

'Splain to me what The Seeker is about.........I was singing it this
morning........."Won't get to get what I'm after, 'til the day I die"........I was
wondering to myself what is Pete saying there?  *Is* he talking about salvation?
Or is he talking about an *end*?  What is he going to get that he wants,
after he dies?  I personally think he is talking about salvation.

It is a stretch, to me, that Pete is NOT writing about God, or some sort of
higher being, in his music.  I have never heard him say, he doesn't believe in
God.

I love the lyric..........God gave (H)him a face, and He gave me something
above......God gave me grace, and he gave me sweet, sweet, sweet love."  I think
he is talking about God there.

In the spirit of a friendly debate, you can't really deny he is talking about
God, IMO.

Johanna