Guitarists on Bass

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 09:38:19 CDT 2004

>So, I'd consider Townshend/Redding/Your Bassist [;)] as exceptions, rather
than the rule.  I think playing good bass requires a subtle understanding of
how music is layered.

I've read discussion to the effect that John (as a composer) was much better
than Pete at layering compositions.  If your idea is correct, then it was
because he was a bass player foremost.  If Pete relied heavily on John to
point out the layering on joint projects, then future albums might suffer
for his absence.

keets