Birmingham article

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 5 20:12:57 CDT 2004

Did anybody post this yet?

http://www.expressandstar.com/artman/publish/article_59589.php

Superstars ready to put on hit show

Jun 4, 2004, 15:11

The two remaining members of The Who call in at Birmingham NIA on Monday for
a warm up show prior to their forthcoming headline appearance at the Isle of
Wight Festival the following weekend.

(photo) Roger Daltrey leading The Who at the NEC in 2000.

Monday's concert is at the NIA
Roger Daltrey and guitarist Pete Townshend were rocked by the death of bass
player John Entwhistle last year but have successfully replaced him with top
session player Pino Palladino, the man who provided the distinctive bass
part to Paul Young's number one hit Wherever I Lay My Hat.

The band's current line-up also includes Ringo Starr's son Zac Starkey on
drums, Townshend's brother Simon Townshend on guitar and John Rabbit
Bundrick on keyboards.