On the job with Pete

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat Jun 5 10:58:34 CDT 2004

> At work we a had a good solid week of listening to Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre,
> Nate Dogg, West Side Connection and some Tupac on the job.

Uh oh.  Jon's posting to the wrong list again.  ;-)

> One of the guys said "Pete has original thoughts and it comes across in
> all of his songs. And almost all of his songs are about God."

Perhaps.  I see Pete's songs being mainly about himself, really.  Not in an
egotistical way like much of that Rap music you listen to (D'oh!), but in a
confused, searching, striving-to-make-sense-of-it-all type of way.

I don't see God or even spirituality when I listen to Pete's songs; I see
complex human nature & a desire to make sense of it all.  I see man.

- SCHRADE in Akron

John Kerry For President
http://www.johnkerry.com/