Pino on bass

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Fri Jun 4 22:50:46 CDT 2004

> Guitarists can pick up a bass and play it, but they don't have the mindset -
> what bass is supposed to sound like. :)

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that, Karbon 14.  Guitarist Pete Town-
shend plays some pretty nifty bass on the LIFEHOUSE demos.  And guitarist
Noel Redding became a damn good bassist for The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
And the guitarist in my band plays a mean bass, too.  ;-)

Not trying to start trouble here, but, I'd say guitarists have a very *good* mind-
set as to how the bass should sound, & how it should be played for the benefit
of the song.

- SCHRADE in Akron
"Do you really think I care what you read or what you wear?"

John Kerry For President
http://www.johnkerry.com/