Saw this comment on "MG"

Anna Mormack carrieanne79 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 21:13:07 CDT 2004

I was at one of my favourite websites, Jump the Shark,
and found this puzzling comment about the show
'Popstars':

<<By the way, the song, 'My Generation' was repudiated
by Pete Townsend in the '70's because he quickly found
guys eager to get on welfare and sit on their asses
drinking all day. Once he found that out, he didn't
perform the song as much.>>

Wasn't "MG" still a concert staple for The Who in the
Seventies?  And maybe I just haven't read enough
interviews, but when did Pete ever repudiate the song
like THAT?

=====
Anna U. Mormack
"A stone is not a human being, and even stones get crushed."—Aleksandr Isayevitch Solzhenitsyn

Which room of my Magick Theatre would you like to visit today?
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl (main page)
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/updates.html (last updated 3 June)
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/rants.html
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/albumreviews.html