Synchronicity

Tom Fency tomfency at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 13:09:14 CDT 2004

Did you hear about synchronicity? Jung has developed this concept, meaning
the relation that exists
when things occur at the same time, to explain how the collective
unconscious works. In the case
of The Who we see an example of that. The name, as we know, was inspired in
a tv serie, Dr.Who,
and because it is funny (ya know, The Who. Who? Oh yeah, the band). But when
Pete Townshend
discovered Indian mysticism, and knew Meher Baba, it changed his life and
the future of his band
forever - Tommy is clear influenced by eastern mysticism and the meetings
with the Avatar. But
now, the brand The Who has assumed brand new meaning. If you don't know,
"God Speaks",
written by Meher Baba, talks about the purpose of Creation. In a spiritual
saga where God is the
protagonist, all individual biographies are encompassed as a vehicle for His
quest, passing through
evolution, reincarnation and involution (the spiritual path of return to
Himself). In an infinite Ocean,
after God asks "WHO am I?" creating the individualized souls (compared to
drops or bubbles within
the Ocean), those will traverse a multitude of forms, developing new ones
with greater
consciousness (the many natural beings) until evolve to human form (where
consciousness is fully
developed but not aware of itself). In the second phase, reincarnation, the
souls are now playing
themselves out in the broader context of intelligence, emotions, choices and
interactions with
people. In different lives, becoming male and female, rich and poor,
vigorous and weak, beautiful
and ugly, exploring the potential of these many opposites, one eventually
exhausts all possible
human identities and, therefore, has fully learned the entire range of human
experience. In the
third phase, involution, the soul try to return to the full awareness of the
Divine Force, which
created him. After seven "planes" (the first three ones within the subtle
world, the fourth in the
mental world, and the last about true sainthood), impressions and duality
goes, the drops burst
and again become the Ocean. God finally answers his question of "WHO am I?"
with the answer "I
am God."
The WHO - not the tv serie, or a joke, but the fundamental question. Or
both.

Tom