Pete's Memphis incident

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 21:38:18 CDT 2004

Lots of chit-chat on alt.music.who today.  Here's another interesting item:

>On July 24, 1970, Pete Townshend was hauled off a plane in Memphis for
questioning by police after telling a member of the Who tour crew their
album was "going a bomb".

>Well, that was what Pete told the F.B.I. so they'd let him go. Entwistle
later said that when the flight was delayed plus there was a high-pitched
whistling noise in the cabin, Pete had enough and stood up and yelled, "I'll
talk! I'll tell you where I put the bomb!"

:)