Still another Sydney review

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 12:51:50 CDT 2004

Repost from Exile to Whoville:

Well here's my comments on a fantastic night. Started slowly enough looking
at the swag - disappointed there was no programme but bought a t-shirt
anyway. I decided to take it back to my car and put it away. As I went round
the back to the carpark a black limo pulls up at the gate in which is
sitting Roger ! I was the only one around but before I could blink or wave
the limo goes through the gate...on returning from my car I notice a small
crowd round a rear gate and notice Roger signing a few things. I'm up a
floor and notice a white limo on up the street. I rush downstairs to join
the crowd just as Pete steps out to a chorus of "Welcome backs" !!
Now the bizarre bit - Pete's signing things, what have I got ?? - ah, a
ticket. Give the ticket to Pete and thank him for coming back. He signs and
I walk away in high spirits (a young guy next to me says "My life is
complete !!") Then horror - Pete signed my car park ticket, and I have to
put that in the machine to get out !!! Bargaining with the dopey lady at the
carpark for a new ticket achieves nothing and I enter the Ent Cent a bit
down.
As The Boot said earlier it was something special - I was in the front of
the seats (not the floor) and had a great view of the audience as well as
the band. I was amazed to start with that the band got a standing ovation
just for walking on !!!
All my favourites were played - the band now plays with such energy and blew
everyone away. WGFA was thunderous and at the end I saw grown men with tears
in their eyes - one of the most emotional things I've seen. Most of us
hadn't seen the Who live, some have waited 35 years. The encore ripped and
then the band took their third standing ovation of the night.
Only a couple of errors already mentioned - so what, I'm happy.
Dejectedly I then got out my signed car park ticket and watched the machine
gobble it up !!!
Rocked on home to bed at 3.00am - distance and finance prevents me going
again tonight, but I was mighty pleased Pete said they will come back again,
probably on an album tour.
It was all expected and more - you lucky people in US and UK have been
keeping something special from us !!
Anybody that can go again will, and hopefully they'll take a friend with
them.........till next time !!!