Big Takeover Review - Who's Not Forgotten

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Jul 29 20:45:44 CDT 2004

> Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:33:27 -0400
> From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade at akrobiz.com>
>
> ... WHO'S NOT FORGOTTEN:
>
> ==========
> We hate tribute LPs so much, we're shocked when one's any good
> at all, let alone superb like WHO'S NOT FORGOTTEN...unwavering
> performances, mostly from a
> bunch of no-name power-pop groups from New Jersey & Pennsyl-
> vania, that make it such a find.

Scott, I shot a quick PayPal over to these guys based on your message.
It just got here, and WOW. THANKS!  These guys' hearts are so in the
right place, from the dedication to John on the back, to the liner
notes, to screaming versions of the songs.  I would write more, but I
fear overexaggeration in my first burst of appreciation.

NP:  Bargain by the Dipsomaniacs, which means I've already thoroughly
enjoyed Heaven and Hell by Photon Band, The Real Me by Bastards of
Melody, and TKAA by The Lolas.  Bargain just ended with the
5-chord-repeat punctuation of WGFA.  Woohooo...

Cheers,
Alan
Townshend, 1967