White City

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 22:51:45 CDT 2004

>>At some point soon I'll detail the reasons I think White City is about the
>>breakup of
>the band, but I don't have time right this minute.

>Please do.  Then you'll have to explain the narration line in the movie
>where Pete says, "Me?  I went back on the road. With the boys."  (And
>something else after that.)

I agree that the album includes Pete's good-by to his old life with The Who,
but I don't get that out of the film at all--it just looks like Pete
revisiting the formative elements of his childhood.  And, as I said, I don't
get the same thing out of either that I saw in Pete's orignial script for a
radio play or film or whatever.  Do you suppose he means the scripts to
supplement the ideas on the albums?

keets