Smashingly Unconvincing.

Jim M NakedI at comcast.net
Wed Jul 28 12:43:26 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Lewinski"

> Did he do this to flip the bird at Aerosmith - who were going
> on after The Who?
>
> Did he plan this as a *I've never done this in Asia* kind of
> challenge?

Those were my thoughts before I had seen the clip.  Watching it I thought
the instrument fell apart way too easily.  You see old clips where he's got
to give it several good whacks before it comes apart.  This thing just
shattered immediately.

*However* I'm not bothered by it at all.  You don't think all of the 60's
destruction was spontaneous, right?  So what's wrong with planning a stunt
to get some attention in Japan and try to upstage Aerosmith a little bit?

Maybe the execution could have been a little more convincing, but the idea
is far from disturbing to me.

Jim M