Pete as Communist

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 21:56:47 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/27/2004 7:49:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> Pete was (is?) a card-carrying member of the British Communist Party. He
> has
> espoused Communism as a guiding principle from as early as 1966 and as
> recently as 1982.

I find that tough to believe, given his high standard of living and benefit
from free markets.  Shouldn't a communist live a moderate lifestyle and give
the rest to the poor and/or charities?  Seems to me that if he really believed
in communism he would have lived his life that way, especially considering
Pete's commitment to personal values (see Meher Baba).

Mc