Quad movie

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 21:33:21 CDT 2004

>>but I was expecting the film to be more driven by the music.  The Quad
>>songs
>were merely part of the soundtrack, albeit the main part.  I think my
>expectations were just in the wrong place, so it hurt the experience for
>me.

>It didn't hurt my experience; I loved the movie the first time I saw it.  I
>wasn't
expecting Who music throughout.  In fact, the Who music is rather intrusive
in
certain scenes, almost forced in for the sake of putting it somewhere.

I was pleasantly surprised at QUAD the movie.  I, too, was expecting
something like TOMMY and I'm not a fan of that one.  I think TOMMY is a very
ugly film, and it does the opera a disservice.   The QUAD period was a good
one for Whofilms, as MCVICAR is well-done, too, and only misses a little in
being excellent.  It's a shame they didn't keep it up.

keets