White City

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Jul 27 19:54:29 CDT 2004

> Yes, out of long practice Pete does tend to express
> himself in terms where he makes everyday events into
> spiritual events.

Right!  That's what I'm talking about!  Pete's humanistic spirituality!
Look at "Dogs!"  Can't Pete write for the common man anymore?
Why is everything so autobiographical or pseudo-autobiographical?
I thought he was supposed to be writing for the geezers & birds from
Shepherd's Bush?  ORW & RGLB ain't for them people.

> However, the story is not spiritual in the least. Like
> Quad, and some say this is the sequel which I can
> believe, it's about coping with society.

Right!  Mark's got it today.  Doesn't Pete even say in the little inter-
view at the end of the WHITE CITY video that the character "Jim"
can be looked upon as "Jimmy" from QUAD, later on in life?  I
believe he does.

I look over the chequered fields
And the towering web of steel
Young and old will sit and judge unfeeling
While the empty churches' bell are pealing
And the green hills lay ignored, untended
Lonely watchers remain unbefriended

See where Jimmy's future spiritual search got him, Keets?  He's
still in his "scooter over the cliff" funk!  God, that's so human.  I
love it when Pete writes about the downtrodden, the underdog,
the common folk.

There's a millionaire above you

There's a man going through your dustbin

The kids couldn't hurt Jack

Milkman come in
And you baker
Little old lady welcome
And you shoemaker

More!  More!  More!
Jump!  Jump!  Jump!

- SCHRADE in Akron

So long as the mother, Ignorance, lives, it is not safe for Science, the
offspring, to divulge the hidden causes of things.
       - Johannes Kepler, 1634