White City

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 23:27:10 CDT 2004

Again, I don't have my album, so I borrowed this from the excellent Bill
Keller.  It appears to be a different version than what you've got, Tom.  Is
there a demo of this, or another version that's different?

keets

>I Am Secure

My room looks out to the wide open spaces
My heart is touched by awakening faces
I see the panic of people in motion
I can stand here, look out on an ocean.
I am a wall awaiting a catchword.
I see the city laid out like a patchwork.
Alone I am free from hatred and blindness
I hope that this life is frozen and timeless.
My man is here, we grow old by inches.
Tomorrow I'll walk among heroes and princes.
I feed the boys, I hear secrets whispered.
I know the hearts that are battered and blistered.
I am secure
In this world of apartheid.
This is my cell, but it's connected to star light.