Quad movie

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 21:50:45 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/26/2004 1:17:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> I rented it once, but it was so long ago, I can't remember it.  Plus, I
> don't know if it was just me or what, but the accents were so thick, I couldn't
> understand most of it.
>
> Yay!!!

I recently bought the VHS of Quad, and I agree about the accents.  It took
some getting used to.  I had to rewind a couple of parts to get the gist of it.
Phil Daniels was superb (is he any relation to anthony daniels, the voice of
C3PO from Star Wars?), but I was expecting the film to be more driven by the
music.  The Quad songs were merely part of the soundtrack, albeit the main
part.  I think my expectations were just in the wrong place, so it hurt the
experience for me.

Mc