Spirituality on White City (Who topic)

Tom Fency tomfency at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:34:39 CDT 2004

Introduction to White City in the inner sleeve -- by Pete Townshend

My room looks out to the wide open spaces   (by what? the Spirit? well,
Spirit can fly for sure when
                                                                someone is
meditating)
My heart is touched by awakening faces         (an emotion created by
telepathic communication?)
I see the panic of people in motion                (great emotions are like
entities to be seen)
I can stand here and look out on an ocean     (again the ocean image
representing the collective of
                                                                 minds --
both conscious and unconscious)
I am a wall awaiting a catch-word                  (to be open to
revelations or deep spiritual insights)
I see the city laid out like patchwork              (the Oneness still
emerges in a chaotic way)

My room is floating above all the fall-out          (the radioactive dust of
the past nuclear explosions)
No one cas see me or hear if I call out            (because he is traveling
to the past in Spirit)
I see a child watch him sparkle and glisten       (the child's Spirit is
returning to his fundamental
                                                                 condition
faster than usual after a nuclear explosion)
I see a woman who's not learned to listen       (she died in nuke explosion
but she didn't understand
                                                                 or maybe
the situation has changed to a new

disintegration scenario -- an unadjusted family cell)
I see a boy with his mother's ambition             (he is talking about
himself upon past memories)
Performing for love, trained in submission         (to be approved by his
mother he must fake to
                                                                  survive)

I am secure in this world of apartheid              (the world is not
finished yet, it is incomplete and in

construction)
This my cell, but it's connected to starlight      (in this unfinished world
what is left is individuality, but
                                                                 always
trying to not lose transcendency or Spirituality)

Tom "strictly under rules" Fency