Spirituality or White City

Jim M NakedI at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 17:31:42 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Schrade"

> I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with Christopher Cross having
cornered
> the market.

Don't forget Styx!

> Is there a spirituality (any definition) in WHITE CITY?  Or is that just
> stark humanistic realism, like I believe most of QUAD to be?

Mark and Keet's discussion of when Pete did his most spiritual work made me
realize that, after he went solo, most of the songs I'd call spiritual pop
up on his solo albums and very few on Who albums.  I found that interesting.
Then I thought about White City and I kept thinking of Crashing By Design,
which on the surface is anti-spiritual ("everything that's ever befallen you
happened simply 'cause it crossed your mind").  Face The Face and Brilliant
Blues seem like they might qualify, but I haven't really examined them
closely enough.  I'll throw it on for my drive home and tell you what I
think.

Jim M