Antichrist Superstore

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Mon Jul 26 14:15:18 CDT 2004

>Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:41:05 +0000
>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets at hotmail.com>
>
>  >And how some people think citing a personal story falsifies a fact.
>
>This is actually an accepted practice of invalidating a deductive argument.

Sorry.  I should have said "And how some people think citing an
anecdote falsifies a statistic."  The fact (again, according to
Galbraith and his fellow panelists) is that outsourcing has only
eliminated some 500,000 U.S. jobs.  Their judgment was that this
figure _should be_ insignificant in charting U.S. policy.  Whether
Mark knows some of those 500,000 or not does nothing to change the
facts, nor, I suspect, the economists' judgment.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."