The Who's reputation

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 08:18:53 CDT 2004

> Check it out and tell me what you think.

Keets:

I already have too much to do and not enough time to
do it. But it still stands that a spiritual person
tends to be optimistic. Look at Pete's most spiritual
songs. They're essentially celebrations of joy.

> The majority of Americans stick together and don't
tolerate bashing of our country,

Sandy:

He ISN'T bashing our COUNTRY, not even the majority of
its people. He's bashing decisions which have harmed
the country possibly beyond repair.

> I am STILL waiting for
Alec Baldwin to leave :)

I'm still waiting for Bush to follow through on his
promise not to nation build. I'm still waiting for WMD
that don't exist. I'm still waiting for the link that
never existed. And so on, and so forth.

> Sandy (with the Marine CORE husband)

I sincerely hope he's not in Iraq. I have friends over
there, and understand it's far worse than what's being
reported.

> In a pure, unregulated form,

Alan:

Without regulation there's nothing stopping those who
thoughtlessly pour raw poison on the land and into our
water and air. We know what they do without restraint.
Suggesting no regulations is like suggesting no laws
against anything. It's just not realistic, because
people have and will abuse their freedom. Pure freedom
is a great concept, but then so is pure communism or
pure democracy. Unfortunately, there ain't no such
animal.

> are not some sort of self-evident truism.

Of course not. It's pure coincidence that it ALWAYS
works out that way.

"[A]s you know, these are open forums, you're able to
come and listen to what I have to say."
   George "or I'll have you jailed" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML