The Who's reputation & my new hero

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 21:35:53 CDT 2004

> I always assumed surrendering good life for bad
> meant giving up the
> "superficial" good stuff like money, possessions
> etc.

Alexandria:

That's definitely a way to consider it. I'd say to
"give up my good life" fits perfectly, but then he
probably would have been a bit clearer had he not used
the word "bad." Perhaps he could have just said "I'll
give up my good life to find you..."

> be safe where you are, but I wouldn't exactly call
> America a safe place either.

Kevin:

Only a complete idiot would. Oh, yeah...never mind.

> I am an AMERICAN,
> but I have seen the Whole World many times over, and
> it's not all about shooting people.

It's about being a part of the most enlightened,
civilized and understanding people on the planet.
Those who look ahead (rather than trying to recapture
the past) and who consider how their actions will
affect others, which to the intelligent person clearly
means how we will be treated in the future. People who
act with maturity, not with a knee-jerk reaction.
People who use persuasion if possible, instead of
force. And when using force, as little and as
effectively as possible, and against the actual people
it should be directed at.
Instead we've become the neighborhood bully. It's not
enlightened, it's not even an intelligent course of
action to protect what we have.

> keep the goodness in your heart, kindness in your
> soul, and streetwise,
> and educated awareness of those around you from now
> to the day you die.

Damn, Rabbit's my new hero. He's REALLY from Texas,
unlike a certain pretender. Why couldn't HE have run
in 2000? Damn!

> Scott:
>
> Right.

Is there an echo in here?

> on.  I believe I asked ML for suggestions and he
> referred me to Scott, who
> had come up with his handle.  No luck there.

SCOTT!!!! Do your thing, Science Man!

> So, I'm in the shower today

Jim:

How about: Jimintheshower at hotmail.com?

Nah.

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and
Hispanically."
  George "cuz I'm so smart" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML