The Who's reputation

Jim M petenotped at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:10:17 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "L. Bird"

> Are you saying that this second definition posted here is totally
religious?
>   Is morality necessarily dependent on religion?  Or the concept of a soul
> or spirit dependent on religion?  I don't think so.

The second (supposedly non-religious) definition actually had a usage
example after it that doesn't leave much doubt:

"3. Of or pertaining to the moral feelings or states of the soul, as
distinguished from the external actions; reaching and affecting the spirits.

God's law is spiritual; it is a transcript of the divine nature, and extends
its authority to the acts of the soul of man. --Sir T. Browne."

Religious is not the right word for me to use, since it suggests organized
religion.  How about divine?

Jim M