Sir Elton ignorant

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 20:46:44 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/19/2004 10:35:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> I notice you didn't say anything about the dixie chicks / toby keith
> thing elton pointed out. and just recently, Linda ronstadt was booed off the
>
> stage at the aladdin in vegas, and banned from the venue practically
> forever,
> all because she started praising michael moore and "fahrenheit". however, if
> she
> said "I support the troops" and bush is doing a good job, and "we're all
> american" or something like that, she'd probably be applauded and cheered
> ay?

I did mention it.  The Ronstadt, Dixie Chicks situations have nothing to do
with the GOVERNMENT and free speech.  The government hasn't hindered these
artists at all from speaking out politically.  Like I said, Pete Townshend is
allowed to work freely in the U.S. despite being on the sex offenders list in the
UK (unfair though it is) and calling the Presdient a "c*&t" in 2000.  Elton
just doesn't understand the law and the constitution so he displayed his
ignorance.  Wasn't it the audience's free speech to boo Ronstadt and people's free
expression to condemn the Dixie Chicks?

Mc