The Who's reputation

Tom Fency tomfency at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:20:55 CDT 2004

And if, instead of God, we put the "Superior Self" as who is on the quest.
The "superior self" is always within us, being the entity that connects the
Inner Child and the Ego. The Inner Child is that part of us that is
ultimately alive, free, energetic, creative and fulfilled, like a little
child around 2 or 3 years old. The Ego is the part of us that is
self-centered, irrational and fearful, the personal identity we use as a
mask.  The Inner Child lives for itself, fully believing that everyone
accepts it for who and what it is but. The Ego, on the other hand, spends
its time trying to be what it believes others want it to be in order to be
loved and accepted. As we grow, the Ego becomes the dark side of the Inner
Child, avoiding any opportunity that can trigger the pain that makes us feel
blamed, rejected and abandoned. But in a higher perspective, the Ego and
Inner Child can be only different aspects of the "superior self", two
aspects integrated and balanced in a being with self-love and empowerment.
But to be that way, we have to, before, find this "superior self", 'cause he
is well hidden from us in higher realms.
That is a way to interpret Bargain, even those obscure parts of the lyrics,
like “surrender my good life for bad” and “to find you I'm gonna drown an
unsung man”.

Tom