The Who's reputation

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:19:45 CDT 2004

?Anyway, I interpret the "you" in Bargain as the "One Note". It is sung by a
character (Bobby? Ray?) who is on this quest. The language of the lines
"losing me to find you", "one and one make one", "naked, stoned and stabbed"
are direct lifts of Christian thought from the Bible. One who was more
scholarly in Christianity pointed this out to me, so I can't cite passages
directly.

But aren't you stretching a bit to say this is a reference to Christ?

keets