Pete and the Songwriters Hall

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 21:00:26 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/19/2004 11:49:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> MC, you were the one who brought this up earlier in the year, weren't you?
>
> We were wondering why Pete hadn't been honored, and I thought it was because
>
> he hadn't make a big donation, remember?
>
> The induction ceremony is on TV tonight and it's pretty insipid stuff.
> Maybe Pete's music is too noisy and too hard rock for them, eh?  Definitely
> Roger wouldn't fit in with these singers.  The Who would totally destroy
> their ambience.
>

> keets

I inquired about it and even got sent some materials, but in order to vote
one must be a dues-paying member of the Hall, and as much as I love Pete, I'm
not ready to fork out $50 just to be able to cast a vote for him.  I'm already
spending over $600 on seats for Who concerts and that's where I'd rather spend
my Who money.  You're right, though.  It was insipid.  Quite a bore.  Couldn't
continue watching for more than 5 minutes.

Mc