The Who's reputation

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 10:08:26 CDT 2004

> Shit, that's what mom's  *half* to do all the time
(multi-task).

Jo:

I know. It's a father's job, too, and I'm a father.

> So this song is only about people who have
unattractive traits who are
hiding behind a front of eminence so their superiors
can't see them?  That's
your interpretation?

Keets:

No need to interpret it. "It's a put on..." The words
are there. It's a plea to drop your eminence front and
be yourself "Come on join the party..."
You don't know people who hide behind their
"importance?" Does the song not apply perfectly to
them?
And I didn't mean to imply they hide only from
"superiors." It could be as common as a boyfriend
hiding what he feels like are his bad traits from his
new girlfriend, and vice versa. THAT is happening in
hundreds of thousands of relationships all of the time
all over the world.

"It's very important for folks to understand that when
there's more trade, there's more commerce."
   George "it's VERY important" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML