The Who Mailing List Digest, V11 #188

David Huntington huntington at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 17 10:01:11 CDT 2004

wrote:

> I hate to quote Asia, but "only time will tell."

ML,

Why not go ahead and quote the most fatuous rock lyric of all time:

Sammy Hagar: "Only time will tell if we can stand the test of time."

>David Huntington is Roger!!!!!!!!

Kevin,

LOL. Crank up Quad, give me a few beers and a microphone prop and much to
the chagrin of those around me, even I'll start to believe this.

Seriously though, over the years I have come to realize that Roger is The
Who's biggest fan. He's an archetype for all of us. Right down to the whole
love/hate bit. If he wasn't already the singer in the band, he'd be the #1
front row fan. To bad for him he's never been able to see the band from that
vantage point.