The Who's reputation

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 08:41:14 CDT 2004

> So your observation is that Pete's writing is still
uplifting, but no longer especially spiritual?

Keets:

Only half of that. It's a song by song thing, some are
uplifting, some aren't. Uplifting and spiritual don't
have to be linked.

> but I REALLY love three of his songs on IT'S HARD.

What I mean is: none are spiritual. I like half of the
album a lot.

> don't feel "Eminence
Front," "One Life's Enough" and "A Man is a Man" have
a strongly spiritual quality.

They don't, with the possible exception of OLE. I'd
forgotten about that one, intentionally so I imagine.
Not one of my favorites. EF and AMISM are both about
social issues, not spiritual ones.

> someone else's story, for one thing, and Pete
doesn't sing it for another.

Ummm...he sings a good bit of it.

> !!!UNIVERSAL
TRUTH!!!.   All kinds of people see them selves in it.

That may be, but it's a social thing not a spiritual
one. There's nothing spiritual about one's appearance.
Getting past that sort of thing is maturity, not
spirituality.

>  but that's kind of a sleazy, back door way around
the rules.

Mc:

Ah, you're only saying that because you've embarrassed
yourself by being controvertibly incontrovertible,
pathetically (and unsuccessfully) trying to change the
meaning of what you actually said.
It's not a pretty sight.
As for my sigs...it's what the man has said. If you
don't like them, blame the person who said them. Don't
shoot the messenger.

"We will, in fact, be greeted as liberators."
          Dick "cakewalk" Cheney

=====
Cheers         ML