FL panhandle

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 00:36:12 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/12/2004 8:55:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> "NBC called Florida for Gore at 7:49:40 p.m., Eastern
> Time. This was 10 minutes before polls closed in the
> Florida panhandle. Thirty seconds later, CBS called
> Florida for Gore. And at 7:52 p.m., Fox called Florida
> for Gore. Moore never lets the audience know that Fox
> was among the networks which made the error of calling
> Florida for Gore prematurely. Then at 8:02 p.m., ABC
> called Florida for Gore. Only ABC had waited until the
> Florida polls were closed."
>
> I told you before: I don't lie. I don't need to. It's
> a non-issue pumped up to appear as one. Round One goes
> to Moore. The other "exposed lies" on the website are
> likewise constructed and accurate.
> Now, could it be that Pete Townshend's feeling he was
> "bullied" by Moore be as artificial?

I watched the coverage VERY closely that night, as well as the follow ups.
7:49 EST was actually 10 minutes before the polls closed in the EST part of FL.
 Polls closed at 8pm, sir.  Therefore, it was one hour and ten minutes left
for voting in the Panhandle, whose polls also closed at 8pm- only in CENTRAL
time.  If it was only 10 minutes before the Panhandle polls closed, then George
Bush would not have had time, nor would it have been worth it for him to go on
the air insisting that people not buy in to what the networks were saying and
that Florida was a toss-up.  He clearly did this to try to counter the
negative effect on turn-out in the Panhandle.  Ten minutes isn't time to do much of
anything in that regard, and his remarks would not have had time to effect
anything.  Hence, he wouldn't have done this if there wasn't at least an hour or
so left of voting.  I know that polls close in LA the same time they close in
MS, AL, TX, and the FL panhandle... 8PM!  Maybe you're not lying, just
mistaken.  This is an incontrovertible fact.

Mc