another attack on Mc... here's the rebuttal

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 22:26:25 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/8/2004 9:06:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> >Let's not just lump those protesting the film in with all Republicans.
>
> Why not?

Because it makes you as much of a bigot as they are.  You cry about
prejudice, yet you want to lump all republicans in with these protesters.  I saw the
movie, had no desire to protest it, and wasn't fooled by it's spin on the
"facts," even though some were outright lies.

> >Of
> >course, these people DO have the right to exercise their freedom of
> expression
>
> "Yes, the Cineplex in Montpelier, VT has received over 3 dozen death
> threats and even more arson threats.
> Even before the movie was shown in this state.
> There's your Republican freedom of expression.
> You don't agree with the laws of this land regarding abortion?
> Go kill a doctor.
> Hypocrites.
> Sounds like terrorism.
> So, takes one to know one??
> Hypocrites.
> Every one of ya."

I'm no bible-thumping, gun toting, confederate flag waving, red neck
conservative.  You are guilty of the worst kind of hypocrisy.  Bomb threats don't
speak for republicans, but rather a tiny fraction of the right wing fringe.  Do
wackos who throw red paint on people who buy furs speak for all democrats?  Any
time there is controversy, the fringe comes out of the woodwork to engage in
this garbage.  Remember the teacher who was fired for using the word
"niggardly"?  It was the far-left, hyper-sensitive crowd who backed that.  Those who
make death threats and kill abortion doctors ARE hypocrites AND terrorists, and
make me ill, quite frankly.  But for you to lump me in with them is equally
hypocritical from a supposedly enlightened thinker.  You have revealed the actual
truth: Libs are the ultimate hypocrites because they purport to have open
minds, yet their minds are entirely closed to anything that doesn't fit into
their political agenda- and even choose with whom to personally associate based on
their narrow view of politics.

> "All about the church and values, but then your party is the most
> prejudice in the world.
> No, no, we love the lord and all *his* values, but don't make me sit
> next to a black or a gay.
> Hypocrisy.
> I love the lord and all his creatures, and hey look at that beautiful
> Elk.  Kill it!
> I don't get it and I never will.
> What a wonderful world our lord has created, now, lets go wreck it.
> Hypocrisy.
> Oh, and I love the lord and all his values, but fuck those lazy bastards
> that can't make it on their own.  Why should we Republican's have to
> worry about those lazy good for nothing inner-city bastards.
> Hypocrisy."

Again, you propagandize that simply because one is a republican he/she is
racist.  This is an insane proposition.  Just because I may believe that marriage
belongs between heterosexual couples only and I am generally not for
affirmative action, doesn't make me in any way prejudiced.  These are legit beliefs
that you simply disagree with, and has nothing to do with racism.  I don't judge
anyone based on skin color or sexual orientation, or any other such quality-
but rather take each person individually as I meet them.  I suppose that's why
all the black and gay people I associate with have no problem with me.  Yet
YOU call me a racist and have never met me.  You proudly display your prejudice
right here for everyone to see.

> "*And* Trent Lott is *still* in the Senate!
>
> Embarrassing for you, but also for *our* country."

Right, and so is Robert Byrd (KKK) and that ass who praised him for having
"always been right."  They get a pass from you, though, AND the mainstream
press.

> >Naturally Republicans are going to counter
> >it in some way, and attacking Moore's credibility is one way to do
> that.
>
> Yes, and threatening to kill theatre owners is another, I guess.

Sigh.... I wasn't referring to the wackos threatening theatres.  The post I
replied to was talking about boycotts.

> >But it IS propaganda
>
> It's facts.
>
> >just as
> >Limbaugh is propaganda.
>
> Ummm, Rush is the biggest liar in the country.
> It's been proven over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over,
> and over, and over......
>
> >It should not be taken at face value
>
> Yes, because that would destroy Mc's narrow view on life.
> Take yer blinders off!
>
> Kevin in VT

It's only narrow to you because you disagree with it.  You know nothing about
my life or my view on it.  See, this is where you reveal that you have lost
all objectivity.  I can admit that Limbaugh and those of his ilk are
propagandists, and I don't take what they say as gospel, but rather question it
critically.  You take Moore's misinformation operation and lap it up without
questioning because you WANT to believe it.  Here is the crystallized example: In F911
Moore is interviewing a guy about the Saudi plane carrying the Bin Laden
family, and Moore makes the statement that the Bin Ladens were given no more of an
interview that an average person taking a flight, and the guy agrees.  It has
been shown since that at least 22 of the 24 Bin Ladens were individually
interviewed by the FBI for FAR longer than the cursory questions asked regular
passengers.  When was the last time you were questioned by the FBI prior to a
flight?  This is misinformation.

Did it also occur to Moore that maybe the FBI, CIA, and NSA had been keeping
close tabs on the Bin Ladens given the other terror attacks that occured
during the Clinton years, and they knew that these family members were not a source
of info on Osama?  This, of course, was never explored.

I admit that Moore is simply doing from the left what Limbaugh and Hannity
and Pat Robertson have been doing from the right for years.  That's why I have
no problem with the movie- I just hope people check out ALL the facts before
they blindly buy-in to what F911 claims.  You however, are a sheep, and
apparently proud of it.

Mc