Bowie angioplasty (no Who)

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 21:06:43 CDT 2004

It's too bad John Entwistle didn't have this much warning.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040709/ap_on_en_mu/people_bowie_10

Entertainment
David Bowie Has Emergency Heart Surgery

LONDON - Musician David Bowie (news) underwent an emergency angioplasty to
open a blocked heart artery in Germany and is recuperating, his spokesman
said Friday.

Doctors discovered the blockage after the 57-year-old Bowie sought treatment
after performing in the German town of Scheesel on June 25, according to the
spokesman, Julian Stockton.

A pinched nerve was initially cited as the cause of shoulder pain that
forced Bowie to shorten a June 23 performance in Prague and eventually to
cancel the remainder of a European tour.

Stockton did not specify the date of the procedure but said it was after the
June 25 show. Bowie left the clinic in Hamburg, Germany early this week and
is now with his family in New York.

Stockton quoted Bowie as saying, "Can't wait to be fully recovered and get
back to work again. I tell you what, though, I won't be writing a song about
this one."

The British Bowie, who was born David Jones (news), gained stardom with his
groundbreaking 1972 album "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust," following
it up with albums including "Young Americans" a few years later and "Let's
Dance" in 1983, another huge seller. His latest album "Reality" was the
centerpiece of his tour.

He is married to the supermodel Iman.